Promoting Equality. The coin for a Fair Economy.
- Faircoin is the first fairly distributed crypto currency.
- 99.99% Proof-Of-Stake, rewarding savers.
- All the coins were premined and Fairly distributed to thousands from all over the world.
- Backed by a strong, diverse and committed community.
- Promotes prosperity and financial freedom with real value.
- Working to become the coin of fair trade.
What is FairCoin?
All current cryptocurrencies require you to buy the coins, either through mining or through exchanges. This gives the advantage to those who already have capital and mining equipment, and can afford risky investments. Faircoin is the first project where the coins are not bought but rather distributed equally between everyone who wants them regardless of their current financial status, and promotes equality.
Faircoin is a crypto currency like Bitcoin. It is a descendant of Peercoin, meaning the block generation is done by PoW/PoS hybrid.
FairCoin is a decentralised virtual currency, distributed through a vast airdrop process during the 6th and 8th of March, 2014 (view airdrop statistics). An approximate 49,750 addresses were logged for the giveaway, each able to claim 1000 FAC per hour. Automated airdrop claiming methods had no effect, as each IP address could register once per hour, and 2 different captchas had to be solved. These security precautions were hidden till the day of distribution. FairCoin's vast distribution method allowed a good portion of the cryptocurrency community to claim a little bit of the 50,000,000 FairCoins, each.
- POW/POS Hybrid
- 50,000,000 Premined Coins distributed through the airdrop on March 6th and 8th, 2014
- Flat 6%/year minting reward, halving every year until reaching the baseline of 1.5%
- 30/90 days Min/Max Weight
- 10 Minutes Block Target
- 30 Minutes Difficulty Retarget
- 0.001 Coin Mining Reward
Linux: faircoin-linux-v1.0.1.tar.bz2 (md5sum: 9af37ad97a6d4abb53a232d2df99b4b2)
Windows: faircoin-win-v1.0.1.zip (md5sum: 25645cf67432fe97469c7a25491737b5)
Mac: FairCoin-Qt.dmg (still the OLD version)
Raspberry PI: faircoin-linux-raspberrypi-v1.0.1.tar.bz2 (md5sum: 83cb801bab4dd72c81b950ba77edaa3b)
# FairCoin.conf configuration file. Lines beginning with # are comments. rpcuser=picksomeusername rpcpassword=picksomepassword addnode=22.214.171.124
- You can safely mine your FairCoins with HashCows. There are no plans at the moment to build one of our own. It would take too much time and energy to compete with HashCows.
- Create an account at www.hashco.ws
- Go to Coin Settings
- Modify Coin Settings
- Put in your FAC Address
- Modify Payout Currency
- Set to FAC
- Check your workers and setup your mining config
- And start mining!